Do you run a handyman service? Well, in that case, chances are your customers contact you on your personal phone number. This is where things start becoming a bit complicated! Why you ask? Mostly because, being a handyman you’re not always sitting at your desk, and mostly at work, so there can be times when you fail to attend calls, thus losing out on valuable business. This is where an answering service comes in handy. They make sure that people’s call to handyman service doesn’t go unanswered.
Benefits of having an answering service for your handyman services
Here are a few benefits of roping in a reliable call center for answering services.
- Frees up resources: Are you planning on hiring a receptionist to handle client calls? Well, this would significantly add to your expenses. Moreover, if you plan on taking all the calls yourself, sooner or later you would be unable to cope with the pressure. By hiring a quality answering service, you free up resources for other critical aspects of your business.
- You get the rest you deserve: When you are just starting out, it’s easy to manage calls on your own, but once the business picks up pace, it’s easy to get swamped by the building pressure. Ultimately, you’d have to switch off the device and rest. But, in doing so, you may end up losing business opportunities to your competitors. In fact, a call to handyman service shouldn’t go unanswered. But, instead of wearing yourself out, you should team up with an answering service provider.
- 24/7 assistance: The best thing about having an answering service for your handyman business is being able to provide 24/7 assistance. Obviously, you’d have to have a team of handymen ready to attend emergency cases – one’s that can’t wait for the next daybreak. But the fact that your clients would be able to reach you any time of the day and rely on you, is what would make you better than your competition.
- Offer consistency: Your clients would always want you to lend them a patient ear, but that would be a bit difficult when you are out working somewhere. By hiring a professional answering service, you make sure that your clients get to talk to an expert, who specializes in handling customer queries, scheduling appointments, and offer them some level of assistance over the call. A skilled handyman may be great at doing his job, but he may or may not be a good listener or good at taking calls.
- Quality interactions: Looking to heighten your rapport with your clients? Well, the first step to do so is to enrich the quality of service, which can be done by rendering quality work and through effective communications, the latter only possible by those who are associated with answering services. It may not always be possible for your staff to engage in quality interactions with your clients, and thus, having a team to do so always helps.
For those who think that hiring a receptionist or receptionists (if you want to provide a 24/7 service) would be of help in dishing out the same level of service as an answering service provider, you’re mistaken. Answering services are great for those looking for a communication assistant, to handle calls effectively, maintain consistency, provide round-the-clock help, and save money in the process.
So, how does one find the right answering service for his or her handyman services? Well, there’s clearly no particular formula to finding the right guys for the job so that you never miss a call to handyman service, but checking out online reviews and doing some research online, always helps. While there are tons of companies claiming to offer impeccable answering services to small and big businesses, always go for ones that have the expertise and prior experience. Give your business the push it deserves. Hire professionals.